Friday, March 1, 2013

Post for Wed 3/6 - Get ready for Pencils and Pens...

We have talked in class about the power of Illustrator and vector graphics.
This week we will use vector graphics to trace a real-world object (the object you're scanning this week) and convert it to shapes. Watch the tutorials below in preparation for using the pen and pencil tools. They will introduce you to the tools. In class, you will teach each other what you've learned and work on mastering the tool. Your blog post for this week should acknowledge that you saw the tutorials, contain any questions you might have in preparation for class, and optionally - contain a link to a piece of graphic design you have found or like that uses vector graphics (flat, Illustrator shapes - some examples below).

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter-archive/video_workshop/?id=vid0037
http://www.adobe.com/designcenter-archive/video_workshop/?id=vid0039




4 comments:

  1. I watched both videos but I had to watch the pen tutoral twice before I understood exactly how it works and how to modify the shapes created on illustrator. I think the pencil tool is more useful than the pen tool and it seems easier to use. I dont have any questions but I'm sure I will once I start using these tools.
    -Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked with both tools in Multimedia class earlier in the semester. I understand the tools to a basic extent but i still need some practice.
    -Connor

    http://daneault.deviantart.com/art/RESIST-Alliance-SW-propaganda-155630377

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched both tutorials and have an understanding of them. I think the pencil tool is more efficient but the pen tool is easier to use.
    -Andrew

    http://business.transworld.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2011/12/Picture-52.png

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read a lot of stuff and i found that the way of writing to clearifing that exactly want to say was very good so i am impressed and ilike to come again in future..
    Trekking in Nepal

    ReplyDelete